Its Valentines Day!!!
I have always loved this day. When I was little my Mum used to make a Valentines breakfast and usually decorate the table with sweets and toys. I suppose she is to blame for my high standards when it comes to V-day!
Despite the commercial-ness of the whole thing, I think it is more about celebrating love. Love with your partner, family, friends, pets, your bottle of Moet (hey I’m not here to judge!). I think it is important to remember that love can be found in many places and we should celebrate that!
Breakfast Smoothie Ice Cream
- 1 large frozen banana
- about 10 small frozen strawberries
- 1 cup soy milk (or other milk, I used bonsoy)
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- put all the ingredients into a bowl or large measuring cup and blend until very smooth.
- the secret to getting the ice cream like texture is the ratio of frozen fruit to milk so if yours is a bit runny add some extra banana or strawberries to thicken it up.
Happy Valentines Day everyone!!!!